Test and Trace Support Payment

What support is available?

You may be entitled to a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment if you are a Tendring resident, in financial hardship and meet the criteria.

Am I eligible?

You may be eligible if:

• you are employed or self-employed
• you, or a child you are the parent or guardian of, has tested positive for COVID-19, or been told you or the child are a close contact by NHS Test and Trace
• you cannot work from home and will lose income by self-isolating or staying at home to care for the child
• you are not exempt from self-isolating, guidance on GOV.UK

You can claim if it is your child who has been told to self-isolate.
You must make the claim within 42 days of you or the child's first day of self-isolation.

How do I apply?

You can apply using the link below.  Please make sure you read the "Before you start" section on the first page which explains the information you will need, to be able to complete the form.

Online application form for Test and Trace Support Payment link

Stay in control of your money - the first right of appropriation

Some people have had problems with their bank when they have been overdrawn; the bank has taken their benefit or support payment to reduce their overdraft.  You can find out more on our first right of appropriation information page.

Test and Trace Payments Schemes

Full details of the standard and discretionary payment schemes can be downloaded via the links below.

Test and Trace Standard Scheme (pdf 245.KB)

Test and Trace Discretionary Scheme (pdf 265 KB)

Last updated on: 26/11/2021 - 10:37