We are delighted to be recruiting to this new role within a small team that supports the senior political and officer management of the Council.
- Do you have experience of providing administrative support to a team and a can-do attitude?
- Would you like to work in an incredibly varied, challenging and rewarding role, where no two days are the same?
- Are you passionate about making a positive difference to the lives of residents living in the District of Tendring?
It's a varied role from greeting visitors for those in the Council's senior management to organising events like the Pride of Tendring and Youth Awards. Throw in taking notes in a variety of meetings and answering enquiries from Councillors to research around the Council's Corporate Plan, and you get a feel for the varied nature of the role.
To match the needs of the role, we are looking for someone who:
- has excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work to achieve deadlines;
- shows accuracy and a keen eye for detail;
- understands customer needs and know how to deliver a good customer service experience;
- has excellent communication and IT skills, with an ability to contribute to a team approach;
- has the ability to work confidently under your own initiative and work independently to resolve a range of issues; and
- has experience of working with financial systems and maintaining databases.
In return we can offer an opportunity to work at the heart of a diverse Council and flexible working arrangements.
If you think you are the person for this role, then please apply by the deadline. We look forward to hearing from you.