The Council has a Financial Assistance Policy which details the financial assistance we are able to offer.

Unfortunately due to a lack of funding from central government we have, for the foreseeable future, had to suspend offering discretionary grants and loans to assist with repairs to private sector housing.

However if you have a disability, mandatory grants to help provide adaptations to your home are available - for details of how to apply please see our Disabled Facilities Grants page.

For free impartial advice and tips that can help you save energy and money, please contact the Energy Savings Trust Advice Centre (ESTAC) on 0800 512 012 or visit their website. Your gas or electricity supplier will also be able to give advice about energy efficiency measures.

Energy Company Obligation: Help to Heat

Are you a Landlord?

As a landlord you are also eligible for the free home insulation offer on our Energy Efficiency page.  You can also can claim the Landlord's Energy Saving Allowance (LESA) of up to £1500 of tax relief per unit of accommodation if you install certain energy measures. To find out more visit HM Revenues & Customs website, the National Landlords Association or speak to your accountant.

Last updated on: 11/08/2017 - 11:17