Pet Care

If you are planning to go into hospital you should think about who can care for your pet(s).  The first people to think of are:

  • friend or family
  • neighbours
  • kennel or cattery (you can find these in your phone directory or though an internet search)

You may also find that your vet may be able to offer you advice or any animal clubs in your area may have people willing to care for your pet.

There are also two national charitable organisations set up to care for people's pets while on holiday. 

Petsplacement - a charitable organisation, if you register your pet with them in advance, they will arrange pet care if you have to go into hospital.  Contact them at: Pets Placement, Po Box 2038, BUCKINGHAM, MK18 4YY.  Tel: 01280 849000, Fax:01280 848875,


The Cinnamon Trust - a charitable organisation (based in Cornwall) who have 4,500 registered volunteers across the UK.  They may be able to help you find pet care if you have to go into hospital.

Last updated on: 26/07/2012 - 17:03