Main Switchboard Number: 01255 686868
Tendring District Council offices are open to the public.
Both the reception areas in our offices in Pier Avenue and in the Town Hall are open to the public.
Our opening hours are:
Council Offices, Pier Avenue
Monday to Wednesday 10am to 1pm
As many TDC staff are still working remotely, in line with government guidance, you should make an appointment before visiting if you need to see a specific member of the team.
Visitor Information Centre, Town Hall, Station Road
Monday to Friday 9am to 3pm
If you do come in to either of our reception areas, please wear a face mask when you are in the building (unless exempt from doing so), and do not attend if you have symptoms of Covid-19 or have otherwise been told to isolate.
Alternative ways of contacting the Council include:
- Online - there are many processes that you can complete yourself from the safety of your own home 24 hours per day if you are able, either through this website or by using My Tendring, available at https://tendring-self.achieveservice.com/
- By telephone – our Customer Service team is manned and able to take your calls (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 4.30pm Friday). If you know the team you want to speak to you can dial their direct line, if not call our switchboard on 01255 686868
- By email – Use the links below to view details about each department.
The Council has a Management Team and 2 Departments.
Town Hall, Station Road, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1SE
- Leader of the Council
- Chairman of the Council
- Management Team
- Chief Executive's office
- Leadership Support - Support to the Leader, Chairman, Chief Executive and 48 Council Members
- FOI, Elections, Committees, Finance, Procurement, Assets, IT, HR, Career Track, Legal
- Building services, Leisure, Princes Theatre, Tourism, Regeneration
- Planning and Building Control
88-90 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1TN
- Council Tax, Business Rates, Benefits, Rents, Benefit Fraud, Switchboard, Private sector housing, Council housing,
- Environmental, Community Development, Pollution, Food, Health & Safety, Licensing
Barnes House, 92 Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 1NJ
- Careline, CCTV
Northbourne Depot, Vista Road, Clacton on Sea, Essex, CO15 6AY
- Engineering, Coastal projects, Drainage, Horticulture, Play areas, Car parks, Seafronts, Facilities, Waste Management, Dog Wardens
Weeley Crematorium, Colchester Road, Weeley, Essex, CO16 9JP
- Cemeteries & Crematorium
For nearest car parks copy the post codes above into the post code search on our visitor map.