Coronavirus (Covid19) - Information and Advice

NHS and HM Government: Hands. Face. Space. Fresh Air logo

While cases are high and rising, everybody needs to continue to act carefully and remain cautious. These key protections remain in place across England:

  • symptomatic testing and targeted asymptomatic testing in education, high risk workplaces and to help people manage their personal risk 

  • isolating when positive or when contacted by NHS Test and Trace 

For further information visit the website:

Shielding ended on the 31 March – see the Apply for Community Support tab below if you still require support.

Test and Trace Support Payment

What support is available?

You may be entitled to a £500 Test and Trace Support Payment if you are a Tendring resident, in financial hardship and meet the criteria.

Am I eligible?

You may be eligible if:

• you are employed or self-employed
• you, or a child you are the parent or guardian of, has tested positive for COVID-19, or been told you or the child are a close contact by NHS Test and Trace
• you cannot work from home and will lose income by self-isolating or staying at home to care for the child
• you are not exempt from self-isolating, guidance on GOV.UK

You can claim if it is your child who has been told to self-isolate.
You must make the claim within 42 days of you or the child's first day of self-isolation.

How do I apply?

You can apply using the link below.  Please make sure you read the "Before you start" section on the first page which explains the information you will need, to be able to complete the form.

Online application form for Test and Trace Support Payment link

Stay in control of your money - the first right of appropriation

Some people have had problems with their bank when they have been overdrawn; the bank has taken their benefit or support payment to reduce their overdraft.  You can find out more on our first right of appropriation information page.

Test and Trace Payments Schemes

Full details of the standard and discretionary payment schemes can be downloaded via the links below.

Test and Trace Standard Scheme (pdf 245.KB)

Test and Trace Discretionary Scheme (pdf 265 KB)

COVID-19 testing

Testing is a key part of the national COVID-19 response.

Visit the ECC COVID-19 testing page which is updated regularly

Page contents (click on section you wish to visit):

Where can you get tested if you have symptoms?

Anyone who lives in Essex who has symptoms of coronavirus can now get tested.

You can book a test on the NHS website or call 119.

If you are an essential worker and you meet the criteria, book a test on GOV.UK.

Depending on availability, you may be offered a test at:

  • a local mobile testing site. Locations vary each week. Check current locations.
  • or one of the national testing centres, in Stansted or Ipswich

A mobile testing site is a unit mobilised by the Ministry of Defence. These are particularly useful for those who cannot easily access the testing facility at Copdock (Ipswich).

Walk-in Covid testing centre at Alton Park Road car park

From Friday, 30 April, appointments are for people with symptoms and can be booked in the usual way (via the online national site or calling 119).

Where can you get tested if you do not have symptoms?

Residents, who do NOT have Covid-19 symptoms, are able to collect and take away two boxes of seven tests, to undertake regular twice weekly testing at home to help prevent the spread of the virus.

The self-test kits are simple to use and offer quick results.

Use the link below to check collection points, availability, opening times and locations.

Essex County Council information about collection points for test kits

Care home test kits

Visit GOV.UK to find out who can apply and how to apply for care home test kits.

Additional NHS testing in North East Essex and Suffolk

Who is eligible?

NHS workers and their households who are showing symptoms:

West Suffolk Hospital: Request a test online

Colchester and Ipswich Hospitals: Request a test online

Additional NHS testing in Mid and South Essex

Who is eligible?

Essential clinical and non-clinical staff, including those working in primary care, community and mental health services, hospices, local authorities, care homes, domiciliary care and volunteers with symptoms:

Basildon, Southend or Chelmsford venues: Speak to your line manager who can provide access to an appointment.

For more information, visit the Southend Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) website.

If you’re unable to visit a test centre

You may be able to book a home test on GOV.UK if you meet the eligibility criteria.

Concerned about possible testing scams?

We have put together some information to help you avoid being caught out by testing scams: Assist with Track and Trace Information

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Support

The Council is using the Tendring4Growth e-bulletins to keep local businesses up to date with the latest information regarding COVID-19 business support. You can register here to receive these e-bulletins.

Advice on Operating your Business

Financial and General Support

Advice on Operating your Business

NHS Test and Trace

Safely Opening your Business

You can also search for Government guidance and regulations specific to your business on the GOV.UK Guidance Page

Financial and General Support

Government Support

You can find a complete list of government support here: 

Or you can use the business support finder to see exactly what you could be eligible for.

Business Grant Schemes

From 1 April 2021 there have been a number of changes to Business Grant Schemes that reflect Government announcements as part of their ‘roadmap’ out of the current period of national restrictions.

For the most up to date position, visit our Restart Grants and Other Business Grant Schemes webpage.

Charities, Creative & Cultural, and Heritage

Information for Rural Businesses, Farmers and Landowners

Other Financial Support

General Support

You can contact the Government’s Business Support Helpline (England) for free advice. Telephone: 0300 456 3565, Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.

Safe town centres and open spaces

European Regional Development Fund logo

Local businesses are posting information about what they are doing to keep trading, including collections, delivery and buying online.

Please join our Facebook Group to help support local shops.

Read more on the Shop Safe campaign here.

Shoppers and visitors to our town centres and seafronts are being reminded to follow Government guidance and measures to help keep themselves and others as safe as possible from Covid-19.

While some of these measures are compulsory in certain places, they are good practice all of the time. They include:

  • Frequently washing your hands, or using sanitiser
  • Wearing a face mask or covering (compulsory on public transport, in shops and most venues)
  • Maintaining social distancing; two metres, or one metre plus other measures (such as masks) where two metres is not possible
  • Check before you travel; is the shop or outlet you want to visit open, does it have restricted opening times, or do you need to book in advance?
  • Take part in 'Track and Trace' systems when asked to
  • Allow more time for your visit; be prepared to queue and wait for entry to businesses
  • Be kind - everyone is adapting to new ways of doing things, so please be patient and respect staff
  • Use contactless payment where possible

Shop Safe

Shop Safe logo

Our 'Shop Local, Shop Safe' campaign is supporting local businesses who are working hard to re-open their premises safely, and we are working in partnership with the Clacton and Frinton Gazette, Harwich and Manningtree Standard and the Daily Gazette on this initiative.

We want our residents, as well as visitors, to our high streets and town centres to be safe when businesses re-open, and we want to support our local traders this Christmas.

Tendring has a diverse mix of independent and popular high street shops in each of our major towns (Clacton, Frinton, Walton, Manningtree, Brightlingsea, Dovercourt and Harwich) and many have online shopping, so why not take advantage of what is on your (virtual) doorstep?

The campaign will see us promote safety messages to public, and also support businesses to tell you what new Covid-secure measures they have in place. This includes adding details to our website and social media channels. 

This campaign, along with signage and other measures implemented by the council in town centres and public spaces, is being funded by the Government’s Reopening High Streets Safely Fund, which in turn is from the European Regional Development Fund.

COVID Vaccinations

Visit the Suffolk and North East Essex ICS website for information about Covid-19 and vaccinations.

The NHS has begun vaccinating patients against coronavirus at hubs in the biggest immunisation programme in history.

In Essex the roll-out of vaccinations is being led by the Essex Partnership University Trust (EPUT). For more information about the programme and updates, please visit the EPUT vaccine webpage.

Coronavirus (Covid-19) Volunteer Groups

Through this page we are sharing details of the amazing support available to our more vulnerable residents and inviting others to register to offer more support to those residents.  If you know of other groups offering support, please get them in touch so that we can include their details here. 

Submit details of your organisation, the services you can offer and the areas you can cover via our Community Volunteer Groups online form

If you need to contact the volunteer group liaison team for Tendring District Council, please email

You can filter by "areas covered" by typing the name(s) of a town/area in the box and pressing "apply".
You can search for multiple areas separated by a comma (eg Clacton, Harwich).
To remove a filter, delete any text in the box and click "apply".
Click on the name of the organisation to see more information including contact details.

Apply for Community Support

Read the full Government guidance here:

Shielding ended on 1 April. However, if you still require support, please use the resources below.

The Essex Welfare Service

This service is a single, convenient point of contact for anyone in the Essex area who is in urgent need of help during the coronavirus outbreak. It is also the place to report anyone who you are concerned about.

A wider group of people in Essex are vulnerable to coronavirus. This is because they are over the age of 70, are pregnant, or have underlying health conditions. These are people who may not have the support of friends or family or neighbours.

The NHS or GP surgeries will be contacting these residents. If your GP surgery has not contacted you and you need help with medicine or food supplies, you can contact the Essex Welfare Service.

Call: 0300 303 9988

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday, 8am to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 2pm

You can also stay in touch with all the latest updates from the Essex Coronavirus Action Facebook page.

Support from Tendring District Council

Tendring District Council is supporting the community effort, and has its own helpline for people with concerns, or who do not qualify for the Essex Welfare Service.

Call: 01255 686700.

Government Support and Advice

NHS Volunteer Responders

Support will continue to be available through the NHS Volunteer Responder Scheme beyond the end of July.

NHS Volunteer Responders can support you with:

  • Collecting shopping, medication (if your friends and family cannot collect them for you) or other essential supplies;
  • A regular, friendly phone call which can be provided by different volunteers each time or by someone who is also shielding and will stay in contact for several weeks; and
  • Transport to medical appointment.

Please call 0808 196 3646 between 8am and 8pm to arrange support or speak to your health case professional for transport support. A carer or family member can also do this on their behalf. More information is available at

Guidance on shielding and protecting clinically extremely vulnerable (CEV)

Read the government guidance on shielding and protecting people defined on medical grounds as extremely vulnerable.

As well as following the new national restrictions everyone in England must follow, the advice to CEV people, in summary, is:
  • Stay at home as much as possible, except to go outdoors for exercise or to attend essential health appointments.
  • Try to keep all contact with others to a minimum and avoid busy areas. Whenever you go out, continue to maintain strict social distancing, wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face.
  • Try to stay 2 metres away from other people within your household, especially if they display symptoms of the virus or have been advised to self-isolate.
  • You are strongly advised to work from home. If you cannot work from home, you should not attend work for this period of restrictions. People who cannot work as a result may be eligible for the furlough scheme, statutory sick pay, Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit
  • Avoid all non-essential travel by private or public transport
  • Do not to go to the shops or pharmacy. Shop online if you can, or ask others to collect and deliver shopping and medication for you.

Please note shielding ends on 1 April. 

Household members can continue to attend work or school, in line with the national restrictions.

Mental health support 

It is normal during these uncertain and unusual times to feel anxious or feel low.

Follow the advice that works for you in the guidance on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing during coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Every Mind Matters page on anxiety and NHS mental wellbeing audio guides provide further information on how to manage anxiety. 

If you feel you need to talk to someone about your mental health or you are looking for more support for someone else, we would urge you to speak to a GP and seek out mental health support delivered by charities or the NHS. 

Find out what support you can get if you're affected by coronavirus:   

Advice for food businesses

From Monday 17 May 2021: Hospitality venues can re-open indoor areas, with no requirement for a substantial meal to be served alongside alcoholic drinks and no curfew. Up to 30 people can gather outdoors, while the rule of six or two households is the limit for inside groups.

You are required by law to risk assess your business activity to keep people safe and prevent the spread of coronavirus. The below control points must be in place along with any others your risk assessment identified as necessary in line with the guidance.

Summary of controls you need to follow include:

  • Self-isolation of any staff with symptoms or if they test positive.
  • Consider introducing workplace testing – if you registered before 12 April consider the workplace testing scheme ( 
  • Maintaining social distancing between staff wherever possible.
  • Ensure the rule of 6 or 2 households is followed indoors.
  • Ensure group sizes do not exceed 30 outdoors.
  • Social distancing between different groups.
  • Increasing the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning.
  • Ventilation within indoor areas.
  • Encouraging contactless payments.
  • Use of face coverings or other mitigating control measures by staff and customers indoors and when staff need to get close to others, such as when taking payment
  • Informing customers to wear face coverings when not seated.
  • Providing hand sanitiser at entry points, toilet facilities and other appropriate points.
  • Use of one-way systems where possible

For premises with a licence for alcohol ON sales

  • All food / drink (even if no alcohol is purchased) must be ordered by, and served to, a customer who is seated on the premises.
  • You must take all reasonable steps to ensure the customer remains seated (whether indoors or outdoors) whilst consuming the food/drink on the premises.
  • Ordering at the bar is NOT permitted in Step 3 in a licensed premise.
  • Payment should be taken at the table.  If this is not possible you should operate a tab system to ensure that customers do not need to make multiple indoor payments during their time at the venue. If you need to take payment indoors the customer should wear a face covering (unless exempt).

For premises which do not hold a licence for alcohol ON sales

  • Customers can order and pay at the counter, or from the table.
  • You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that the customer remains seated (indoors or outdoors) whilst consuming the food/drink on the premises.

Home Delivery Advice

Tendring District Council understand that businesses may look to change their business model and diversify in order to maintain their business during this time. We also appreciate that other voluntary groups may also want to assist with delivery of meals and these groups must ensure the food they deliver is safe. Please visit The Food Standards Agency website For information and advice or contact the Food Safety Team at the Council.

The following advice is for those businesses that are looking to make provision for takeaways and deliveries where they have not done so before.

Scientific advice is that it is very unlikely that COVID-19 can be spread through food, but, if you are changing how you are used to operating then you should think through the hazards and ensure that you have control measures in place. You should record your change of activity in your safer food better businesses pack or food safety management system to reflect your change of activity.

A business will only be in a position do this if they are registered as a food business with a Local Authority.

All foods must be delivered to consumers in a way that ensures that they do not become unsafe or unfit to eat.

Foods that need refrigerating must be kept cool (below 8 degree C) while they are being transported. This may need to be packed in an insulated box with a coolant gel or in a cool bag.

If you are transporting hot food, it should be kept hot. (Above 63 degrees) This may need to be packed in an insulated box. It is recommended to keep distances short and times limited to within 30 minutes.

The Food Standards Agency (FSA) have provided advice for business – ‘How to manage a food business if you sell products online, for takeaway or for delivery.’ '

Allergens – There is a wealth of advice for businesses on allergen management on the FSA website at . When an order is placed always check if any on has dietary requirements.

Contact-free delivery

Limiting contact when delivering orders will help keep everyone healthy, so you could consider leaving deliveries at the door of your customer, rather than handing it over to them.(Ask the customer to place a plastic box where the food can be placed into and not left in contact with the ground) Knock on the door step back at least 1 metre and wait nearby for your customer to collect it.

Take payments over the phone or online rather than taking a cash payment.

Infection Control

You have responsibilities to ensure food handlers are fit for work under the food hygiene regulations and in addition you have a general duty to ensure the Health, Safety and Welfare of persons in your employment and members of the public.

Relevant staff must be provided with clear instructions on any infection control policy in place, and any person so affected and employed in a food business and who is likely to come into contact with food is to report immediately the illness or symptoms, and if possible their causes, to the food business operator. 

The Government have issued guidance on COVID-19 for employees and businesses

However, this is not specific for food businesses, but it does advise that ‘if you have been asked to self-isolate, you can order by phone or online, such as through takeaway services or online shopping deliveries.  However, make sure you tell the delivery driver that the items are to be left outside, or as appropriate for your home’.

If you are undertaking deliveries, then you should have a system in place to ascertain/develop a system whereby clients can notify the restaurant/delivery drivers whether they are self-isolating so that action can be taken accordingly as highlighted above.

Other useful information

Download government advice regarding business retention of customer details and Test and Trace

Advice for public houses and restaurants reopening from 4 July

Advice for hotels and guest accommodation reopening from 4 July

Download government advice for all workplaces involved in the manufacturing, processing, warehousing, picking, packaging and retailing of food

Download government guidance on working safely during COVID-19 in restaurants offering takeaway or delivery

Download 'Don't stay, take it away' poster for internal business use

Download 'Don't stay, take it away' poster for use in a public space

Seafront Kiosks

Advice for seafront kiosk owners:

  • Seating adjacent to your business, whether or not owned / provided by you, cannot be used.
  • Where possible orders should be taken in advance by phone or online.
  • Use a designated order and collection point.
  • If order and collection point is indoors, one customer at a time.
  • Customers waiting to order or collect should be in designated area maintaining social distancing of a minimum of 2 metres.
  • Use queue management to maintain social distancing.
  • Food and drink cannot be consumed on the premises.
  • Takeaways only.
  • Use clear visible signage.
  • Use floor markings.
  • Place plexiglass barriers at tills and counters if feasible, as an additional element of protection for workers and customers.
  • Encourage the use of contactless payments where possible.
  • Provide additional pop-up handwashing stations or facilities if possible, providing soap, water and hand sanitiser.
  • At all times, workers should follow the Government guidance on self-isolation if they or anyone in their household shows symptoms.
  • Any food handler who is unwell should not be at work. If they have symptoms, they should follow government advice and stay at home.
  • As a matter of good hygiene practice anyone handling food should wash their hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. This should be done as a matter of routine, before and after handling food, and especially after being in a public place, blowing their nose, coughing, or sneezing.
  • If you hold a Premises Licence, please remind yourself of the conditions set and abide by them. You are not permitted to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises and are reminded that Off sales must be served in sealed containers only.

Council Offices, Receptions and Visitor Information Centre

Tendring District Council offices are open to the public.

Both the reception areas in our offices in Pier Avenue and in the Town Hall re-opened to the public from Monday, 17 May.

Our opening hours are:

Council Offices, Pier Avenue

Monday to Wednesday 10am to 1pm

As many TDC staff are still working remotely, in line with government guidance, you should make an appointment before visiting if you need to see a specific member of the team.

Visitor Information Centre, Town Hall, Station Road

Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm

The Visitor Information Centre will also be open on the following Saturdays from 10am to 2pm:

Saturday 21 August 2021

Saturday 28 August 2021

Saturday 4 September 2021

If you do come in to either of our reception areas, please wear a face mask when you are in the building (unless exempt from doing so).

Alternative ways of contacting the Council include:

  1. Online - there are many processes that you can complete yourself from the safety of your own home 24 hours per day if you are able, either through this website or by using My Tendring, available at
  2. By telephone – our Customer Service team is manned and able to take your calls (9am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 4.30pm Friday). If you know the team you want to speak to you can dial their direct line, if not call our switchboard on 01255 686868
  3. By email – You can find the best email to use by finding the relevant service.

Crematorium, cemeteries, and Gardens of Remembrance

Government guidance states that people can travel to attend a funeral or related event, or visit a burial ground or remembrance garden. Please also consider government guidance that being permitted to do so and being appropriate to do so, are different considerations.

Environmental Protection

At this time the Environmental Protection (EP) team will be risk assessing all complaints as they are received. Unfortunately due to COVID-19,  EP officers will not be able to enter any properties due to social isolation and the potential of coming into close contact with those who may be considered vulnerable.

We will not be able to assist in relation to drainage complaints as of this moment; any concerns should be directed to the relevant Water Authority – Affinity Water / Anglian Water.

We will however continue to monitor complaints as they are received and endeavour to respond where appropriate. Where possible we will attempt to deal with a complaint with via email/phone/letter.

Thank you for your patience during this time.


    The council are taking the following actions to comply with the government guidelines:

    Allocation of Social Housing

    After 2 December 2020, the allocation of social housing resumed its normal service; however, there is some disruption to the service to ensure the Council complies with Government guidelines.We appreciate your patience in this matter.

    Allocation of Sheltered Accommodation

    After 2 December 2020, the allocation of sheltered housing resumed its normal service; however, there is some disruption to the service to ensure the Council complies with Government guidelines.  We appreciate your patience in this matter.

    Application to be on the Housing Register

    The council has taken the decision to suspend the service to apply to be on the Housing Register. The Allocations Team will not be accepting any new applications nor issuing any new applications from Monday 30 November 2020.

    The reason we have suspended application is that we are currently upgrading our current allocation system to provide a better service to the customer.  Therefore, the service will not be resumed until early 2021, please check the website for future updates.

    People currently on our housing register will not be affected and will be contacted in due course with details of the new allocations system.

    During the suspension period, we may consider applications made in extenuating circumstances, for more information you will need to e-mail your details through to and an Officer will contact you directly.

    Mutual Exchange

    This department will still be accepting new applications for mutual exchanges; however, there will be some disruption to the service to ensure the Council complies with Government guidelines.We appreciate your patience in this matter.

    For more information on mutual exchange, please visit

    Home Visits

    The Allocations team will not be undertaking any home visits to comply with the Government guidelines. As an alternative, an officer will be conducting the verification over the telephone. Due the ongoing pandemic, we have a significant backlog of applicants that require visits. We appreciate your patience in this matter and an officer will contact you as soon as they are able.

    Re-registration of your application

    To re-register your interest in remaining on the Housing Register you will need to return your card to:-

    Housing Allocations
    Council Offices
    88-90 Pier Avenue
    CO15 1TN

    As a part of the upgrade to the Housing Allocations system, we will be offering applicants the ability to re-register online. This will mean that you no longer require a registration card; therefore, when you return your card it will be retained and destroyed in line with Council’s Data Protection Policy.

    Contact details

    Please be aware, due to the reduced service there may be a disruption to the usual telephone service, therefore, we recommend that you contact us via our email address-

    If you are under the threat of homelessness or you are currently homeless please visit-

    Walking on eggshells?

    Whatever your age, sex or situation, living with others 24 hours a day 7 days a week can be stressful.  For many this will lead to increased irritation or in some cases arguments.  For some it can be much more serious. 

    Quick Escape Link

    0808 2000 247 is the national 24 hour domestic violence helpline

    If your living situation is causing you anxiety or you feel threatened, intimidated or are made to feel worthless, there is help available.    

    Everyone is entitled to a safe home life.

    National 24 hr domestic violence helpline: 0808 2000 247

    Essex COMPASS domestic abuse helpline: 0300 333 7 444

    Below are links that can help you find support and help.

    Clacton Crisis Café

    • Mental health support and advice                                                 

    Essex Compass

    • Domestic abuse support services

    Essex Police Domestic Abuse

    • Police advice and further links
    • Domestic Investigation Abuse Team (DAIT) Essex Police 0300 333 4444

    Essex Sexual Assault Referral Centre

    • Support service available for victims of sexual assault.
    • 0330 223 0099

    Health in Mind

    • Mental health support and advice


    • Support for male victims of domestic violence

    Next Chapter (Domestic Abuse Support)

    • Information and advice


    • Support for children


    • Information and advice

    Respect Men's Advice Line

    • Men's domestic abuse support

    Stay Safe at Home                                                                     

    • Domestic abuse supportDon't suffer in silence

    Victim Support (Essex)

    • Information and advice

    Remember you are not alone, help is out there.

    Other useful information

    Stay Safe at HomeWatch out for Scams - Don't click links or attachments in suspicious emails

    Watch out for scam messages - Don't click on links or attachments in suspicious emails and never respond to unsolicited messages and calls that ask for your personal or financial details.

    Statement from Essex Police

    Victim Support leaflet - Advice on scammers and fraudsters

    Other organisations' updates

    Government Coronavirus information service on WhatsApp

    Post Office - Pay Out Now scheme for those who are isolating and have a post office account without a debit card

    Turn 2 us - You can apply for a one of crisis grant of £500 if you have experienced a drop in income as a result of the pandemic

    Hospital hopper service 

    Cancer care navigators | East Suffolk & North Essex NHS Foundation Trust - If you are receiving cancer treatment at East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) you will be offered extra help and practical support from diagnosis through to discharge thanks to a new cancer care navigator service.

    Advice for people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds

    Citizens Advice Bureau - CAB have changed their opening hours -  Tips on how to look after your mental health 

    Livewell - Information about all that is on offer in Essex to improve health and wellbeing.

    Teen Talk Harwich - Support  for young people aged 11 – 25 years via telephone and online activities.

    Princes Trust - Advice, guidance and resources for young people 16 - 30 years.

    Essex family wellbeing -  Resources to equip families to cope in these challenging times

    Homestart Colchester - Support for children and their parents

    Money Saving Expert - For help and advice with money management/financial hardship

    Credit union - Savings and Loans Co-operative open to anyone over the age of 18 years who lives, works or studies in the Borough of Colchester or District of Tendring. 

    Affinity Water - Affinity Water have measures in place to assist customers facing financial difficulties at this time

    RSPCA - Information on how to care for your pets when carrying out 'social distancing' or staying at home due to Coronavirus

    RNID - Advice and guidance for those with hearing problems, with or without existing hearing aids. Contact 0808 808 0123, email or visit the website.

    YouCan - A free course being run locally by Adult Community Learning (ACL) for people looking to get into the Health and Care sector.

    Coronavirus Privacy Notice

    How the Council will deal with your data during the current Coronavirus crisis

    This privacy notice explains how Tendring District Council (as a Data Controller) will collect, use and protect personal data specifically with regard to Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Pandemic. You can view the Council’s main privacy notice at

    The Council already processes data regarding residents, employees and stakeholders and normally the Council would seek to inform you that the data provided may need to be used for a different purpose.  However, due to the rapidly emerging situation regarding the current pandemic this will not always be possible.  If we already hold information regarding vulnerability, as defined in the current guidance from the Government and Public Health England, we may share this for emergency planning purposes or to protect your vital interests by sharing with relevant services both inside and outside the Council.  In addition, we may need to ask you for additional personal information, including sensitive personal information, for example your age or if you have any underlying illnesses or any other information that may identify you as being vulnerable.  This is to enable the Council to assist you and to prioritise its services.

    The Council is publishing links to official sources on its web-site

    Legal basis for processing your personal data

    The legal basis for the additional processing by the council as a public authority is:

    1. where disclosure is in the vital interests of yourself or another person (Article 6(1)(d) and 9(2)(c) GDPR)
    2. Where it is necessary for the reasons of substantial public interest Article 9(2)(g)
    3. Where it is in the interest of public health Article 9(2)(i)

    Sharing your personal data

    In this current pandemic we may share your information with other public authorities, emergency services, and other stakeholders where it is necessary and proportionate to do so.

    How long we keep your personal data

    We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we are processing it or where there is a legitimate reason for keeping it, for example, a legal requirement to keep the data for a set time period.

    When we no longer need to continue to process your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.


    NHS Test and Trace Privacy Notice


    Last updated on: 16/08/2021 - 08:28