We work with large employers throughout Tendring and Colchester providing apprenticeship standards at Intermediate and Advanced levels in Customer Service, Business Administration and Team leading/Supervisor.
Our apprenticeships last between 12-24 months to complete and a high number of apprentices gain permanent employment during this time and have a fully supportive exit programme at the end of their apprenticeship to ensure they move into their chosen future career.
Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study.
As an apprentice you’ll:
- work alongside experienced staff
- gain job-specific skills
- earn a wage and get holiday pay
- get time for study related to your role (20% off-the-job training per week)
- Apprenticeships have equivalent educational levels.
- The National Minimum Wage is £4.81 per hour from April 2022. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the Apprentice National Minimum Wage appropriate for their age applies. Pay and conditions
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:
- living in England
- not in full-time education
- GCSE C or Grade 4 and above or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
How to apply
There are 3 steps to applying for an apprenticeship.
- Search for an apprenticeship.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Complete and submit your application.
National Careers Service has advice on writing applications and what to do at interviews 0800 100900.
Telephone: 0800 015 0400
ESU Essex (Employability & Skills Unit) for North Essex are available on Facebook or can be contacted on 03330 138961