Business Adaptations Grant Scheme Phase 3
The Business Adaptions Grant Scheme has been extended into Phase 3 with expanded criteria to allow more businesses locally to become eligible, including those who received a grant in Phases 1 or 2.
Phase 3 is expected to be very popular and we will be processing applications on a first come, first served basis. The deadline is 15th December, however this is a limited fund and if all the money is allocated before that date then the Fund will close early.
This scheme is aimed at supporting small and medium enterprises (SMEs) that operate in Tendring to adapt their premises and/or operations in order to continue to operate in a COVID-secure environment and generate income. Eligible purchases are those which relate directly to a business’ COVID-recovery.
- Any independent, Tendring based SME is eligible to apply for a grant of up to £5,000, including those not listed in the business rates system, with the exception of national/chain businesses, and charities/community groups.
- Businesses must have been trading on or before 1st November 2020. TDC is particularly keen to support businesses which may have started during/ as a result of the pandemic, and self-employed people.
- Grants for purchases relating to a business’ COVID-recovery are eligible, and can be backdated to 1st June 2021 if the purchase has already been made, or quotes for purchases yet to be made can also be considered.
- In the first instance all evidence should be submitted attached to the application form. However, this is limited to a maximum of 5 documents and therefore if you need to submit additional evidence please email BusinessAdaptationsGrant@tendringdc.gov.uk and quote your BAG reference number in the subject line.
- We will only accept one successful application per business. Therefore, please think carefully about the evidence you submit and the items you have purchased/intend to purchase, as further submissions will not be accepted to top up a grant to the maximum of £5,000.
For full Terms and Conditions, please visit our Business Adaptation Grant Terms and Conditions web page
To make an application, please complete our Business Adaptations Grant application form.
Restart Grants and Additional Restrictions Grants - Closed
Both the Restart Grant Scheme and Additional Restrictions Grant scheme are now closed to new applications, the deadline being 30 June 2021.
In respect of the Restart Grant Scheme, the application deadline was set by the Government.
In respect of the Additional Restrictions Grant Scheme, for consistency the same application deadline was set locally by the Council. However, there remained the possibility of running further phases of the scheme if money remained unspent from the associated Government grant funding of £4.2m. Based on the applications received by the deadline of 30 June 2021, the full amount has now been spent and therefore no money remains available to commit to further phases of the scheme at the present time.
The above is important to highlight given the Government’s recent announcement that they have extended the Additional Restrictions Grant deadline to the end of July 2021. This deadline is only a spending deadline rather than an extension to the actual grant scheme itself and is therefore only relevant if money remained available from the £4.2m grant funding mentioned above.