You main duties as a Control Centre Operator will be:
- To receive in coming calls from vulnerable people who have a Careline System installed
- To receive in coming calls from Tendring Residents and act on behalf of the Council out of normal working hours
- To monitor the CCTV on behalf of Tendring District Council – including checking Cameras, reporting faults and burning CCTV.
- Work in partnership with Essex Police to help reduce crime
- Initiate the Emergency Planning process in line with Emergency Planning Procedures
- Ensure all KPIs and targets are met in relation to the TSA (Telecare Services Association)
All applications will be reviewed on an ad-hoc basis.
Location: Barnes House, Pier Avenue, Clacton on Sea
About Tendring Careline
Tendring Careline is a 24 hour 365 day a year service providing an instant response at the touch of a button. The service provides a home safety and personal professional security system that enables people to live independently within their own homes. The service is available to any persons living within the district, of any age and is tenure neutral. The scheme is of particular benefit for people thought to be at risk for various reasons:
- Older people living alone or frequently left alone
- Ill Health
Additionally Careline can often be of benefit to people who may be exposed to, or suffer from, crime and/or the fear of crime through:
- Domestic violence
- Hate crimes
- Bogus callers
In addition to the monitoring service Careline has a response service whereby when an individual activates the service and does not respond to the Operator the Mobile Support Officer attends.
About the role
The role of a Careline Operator is very demanding and challenging at times, however it is also very rewarding and could provide total job satisfaction for the right candidate. As an Operator you will be able to make a difference to individuals and the community, enabling people to live healthier, happier lives independently, providing assistance in many rewarding ways such as:
- Provide lifesaving assistance
- Providing reassurance
- Summoning the emergency services
- Responding to an emergency
- Liaising with service users and their families
Is this the role for you?
Tendring Careline is a fast paced environment in which we strive to maintain very high standards of customer service standards. This role will demand the candidate to have natural abilities such as:
- Caring nature
- A positive attitude
- Willingness to go the extra mile
- Ability to learn and act quickly
- Team player
- Maintain composure in an emergency
If you believe that you are the person we are looking for then we would like to hear from you and if you are successful, welcome you to be part of our dedicated team.
Please list which shift/s you would like to apply for, on your application.
|12pm - 6pm|