To carry out specific and general tasks associated with a varied programme of events held in the Princes Theatre, Clacton.
To meet the demands of hirers of the venue, touring companies and visiting artistes and to act in accordance with the Public Entertainment License conditions.
Must be available to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays to meet the demands of the service.
Willing to undertake the appropriate training to ensure that the requirements of the Public Entertainment Licence conditions are complied with.
Experience is Essential.
You main duties will be:
- To assist visiting productions with setting up on stage lighting and/or sound equipment and the removal of the equipment after the performance.
- To assist with changing the venue from a flat floor situation to theatre style set up.
- Responsible for the stage area during productions. Work with visiting crews and liaise with visiting Stage & Tour Managers. Instruct in house stage crew and other technical staff as and when necessary to ensure smooth and efficient operation of events.
- Assist with the evacuation of the theatre in cases of emergency.
- Carry out instructions given by the duty House Manager.
- To assist the Stage Manager as outlined above. To help move sets and scenery and operate the stage counterweight system.
- Required to set Front of House and stage lighting to meet the requirements of visiting and in house productions. Work with visiting operators and riggers to ensure their requirements can be met and that they are achieved in accordance with Public Entertainment License conditions.
- Operate the computer lighting control desk as and when required for in house and visiting productions.
- Required to set and operate sound systems at various in house events and to assist and advise visiting sound operators.
- Required to operate Follow Spot Light during performances held at the theatre.
We will interview on a ad hoc basis.
To apply for this position please email your CV to Human Resources