Successful Halloween Monster smash to be repeated

Tuesday, 8 August, 2017

It may still be summer but in the depths of the dungeons at Clacton’s Princes Theatre they are already preparing for Halloween.

Following on from last year’s successful Monsters’ Ball, the ghoulish team is putting on two events over the weekend of October 21 and 22.

First there will be an evening ball on the Saturday from 7pm and the next day it will be starting at 3pm.

Last year the first ever Monsters’ Ball attracted more than 300 spooky ghosts, witches, and zombies and proved to be a monster hit as all ages dressed up – making a huge effort.

There will be music, games, licenced bar for the adults and plenty of family fun to enjoy.

The staff at the theatre – which is run by Tendring District Council (TDC) – will be out in force over the weekend but you may not recognise them in their costumes!

The original idea in 2016 came from theatre apprentices Daryl Ward and Billy Harvey and they are both taking the lead again this year.

Wendy Bilsby, TDC’s Theatre Manager (Marketing) said it had proved so popular last time that it has been decided to move from midweek to the weekend – with two events.

“We sold 300 tickets before the ball and others turned up on the night,” she said.

“We provide a safe environment for families to enjoy their Halloween celebrations without impacting on the rest of the community.”

Mick Skeels, TDC’s Cabinet member for Leisure and Tourism, added: “It is all about putting on as many different types of events for all ages – and getting as many different people through the doors as we can.”

Who you gonna call for tickets? They are priced £3 for adults; £2.50 for children and £10 for a family of four and are available from the box office on 01255 686633 or online www.princestheatre.co.uk

Make sure you don’t miss out!

Last updated on: 08/08/2017 - 09:36